Essex Rifles

Author Topic: Escape From Tarkov  (Read 68 times)

Offline recy-mech

• I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly
    • View Profile
Escape From Tarkov
« on: November 22, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »
So... i'm back and also back to playing as i now have a bit of spare time on my hands, as a result i fancied something a little different.

As much as i loved the BF2 and 3, i love the more realistic take of ARMA, then the survival of DayZ but that just got annoying with very little changing during the (ans still going on some yaers later) beta stage.

I have looked at PUBG... but it all seems like the same old same with it being an ARMA mod until i found this little gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R5t3a2jT4A

Still in beta but in the few weeks i have been playing alot has already changed and it's all for the better.

You get to play as your main character or a "Scav" (every half hour after you die, so you can't keep spamming in as a Scav)
You choose you kit, then join in on a raid to make money, kill as many players as you can and take better kit or both.
If you die, you loose everything.... make it out, everything goes to your stash, all of which can then be traded for money etc

The nice thing about this is you can play as a squd or just go solo to ruin others lifes, it's what DayZ's should of been without the zombies

If there is anyone else playing, let me know... i have plenty of the highend gear and weapons to offer and i fancy doing a few raids in a squad... anyone interseted, it's on offer this weekend in black Friday sales https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/#news

Offline MAJORMAV

• View Profile
Re: Escape From Tarkov
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:39:54 AM »
Hey Recy , long time no speak, this is interesting, must look a little harder.  I have been out of gaming a while and have no idea what sort of hardware I should buy now to get a decent playing experience with modern games

IRL things are intense, I work around 60 hrs a week [exhausting ].   I have a CCW now and can carry my M9, Beretta storm sub compact  or Sig p229 most anywhere here in NV.

That said, I rarely carry as I keep away from dodgy areas and am not looking for trouble.

How are things? Where are in the world are you?

Offline A1eks79

• My Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:57:58 PM »
For this moment game isn't support any kind of controllerrs, so make sure you disconnect from USB port you controller/controllers eg game pad, joistick, etc.

Regards
Alex

Offline recy-mech

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
Hey Mav...

still in Germany, just back from 7 months in Estonia waving at our Russian friends who could roll through on us without even breaking a sweat lol (yet anither media stunt for the cameras as nothing is going on)

The game is really good in both playing solo or a group, the tactics and the combat are far better than anything i can think of, but you can also go nuts and do hatchet runs making your own DayZ style of going in with nothing and hoping for the best

it's also supprising on the specs for running it...  http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=23634&game=Escape%20from%20Tarkov

Offline recy-mech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 12:24:45 AM »
I did also toy with trying to meet Alex but with him living almost the other side of Russia to where i was it would of taken rather alot of travel.... and we were banned for crossing the boarder, something to do with the fact they wouldn't like British squaddies wondering around drinking vodka as we were in Estonia to pretend to scare them away.... us make them think??? Very, very doubtful as them would smash us if they wanted lol

Offline BurkeFrags

• Follow me in the fire station, it's safe!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 07:08:54 PM »
looks fun, will see if i can get it for cheap :D